3. Register
  4. Support
  5. 20:04:29
  6. en

moonID.net - Please discuss stuff about moonID hereDiscussions → The Old Days

TheGAZZA
Posted April 8, 2024, 6:20 p.m.

I remember when you played KF.
It was about hunting the best loot, getting the best exp.
Making awesome Guilds and meeting new people from all over the world.

Was really looking forward to this new world 6.
Enjoyed the first few days.
But what is the point of creating a new world if you only going to get a bunch of boosters pumping money into the game to not even earn anything but start the game with stats that will take months to get there.
There is no point trying to be the best player in the game when all you have to do is Pay To Win.

Yes I know MoonId actually doesnt care cause heck you making a lot of money with this new world.
But the feel for the game is actually gone.

All I can say is that it is a actual pity.

Maybe next time make a world where you can prove you the best without having to pay for stats.

Not sure how everone else feels about this.

Zhenriel
Posted April 8, 2024, 7:26 p.m.
Edited by Zhenriel April 8, 2024, 7:27 p.m.

Honestly I agree. There's unfortunately some other crappy things on the server that also stained the freshness of the new world, but certain pay-to-win aspects seem to really mess with the balance and competitiveness over there.

The moon coin to gold conversion thing is pure nonsense and shouldn't be in the game at all. Especially in a game with very slow and staggered progress like you said. It's blatant cheating and pay-to-win.

But it's "allowed", because it's a mechanic within the game itself, and it remains there because it can make a lot of money.

Now premium aspects as a whole should generally be more sensible and balanced and not go overboard, or it will just break the game and drive a big wedge between players.

But this "feature" in particular, is allowing people to break the game's natural flow and throttled progress with cash, to get ahead of the curve. And that's a major no-no if you want to keep things fair, and not alienate players.

cvd CRATR.games
Posted April 9, 2024, 8:16 p.m.

Thanks for your thoughts. This discussion has been going on as long as KnightFight has been around. The current game design and balancing was created between 2005 and 2010 and has been in place ever since. So even though it may feel rosier in memory, the fight for the top was just as tough in the old days.

Which is not to say that it always has to stay that way. As soon as the mobile version, which is currently in the works, is launched, we can well imagine a shift to a F2P/subscription-based experience. We will be testing models here.

Regardless of that, this beautifully described type of guilds, player friendships, getting to know each other, trying things out is certainly still there and, in my view, stronger than ever. Just keep an eye out.

GLHF, cvd

p_b
Posted April 10, 2024, 1:02 p.m.

I think that part of the issue is not so much the cash for gold part of it; there will always be some whales with this as an option, but more that the original game didn't have the Battleground.

This massively helps people gain XP safely, as well as gold if you time things correctly, so as a result there is not as much incentive to "risk" not banking (although some people do have a play style that losing repeated 10%'s is more cost effective than one off 50%'s.....)

But where this was going, as that as there are many fewer leakers out there, there's less reason to trawl the highscore looking for those leakers, or ones who've just done their missions.

And as 2H zerkers have so much of an easier time at the start, that's all you really see build wise too.

I camped at a low level for years to boost my stats off these early leakers on my world, but they dried up and I levelled up & the XP penalties are just not worth it now.

Zhenriel
Posted April 10, 2024, 11 p.m.

I'd say it's both but the moon coin to gold conversion is just egregious. The Battleground and the Jewel packages for it, also mess with the curve though. Especially the last one that has no limits.

Another problem is that your XP growth rate and your ability to gain alignment are completely out of line because of the Battleground, and you don't gain any alignment over there as far as I know. Add in some wacky requirements for alignment (especially for soulstones) and it gets messy.

As for Berserkers, it's true. They're way too effective, especially at the start. They either need a strength penalty, a strength bonus penalty or to maybe have the sockets on two-handers become available a little later instead of requiring roughly the same skill points as one-handers, since one-handers have to use armor anyway, but two-handers don't need to.

Ostaszewianin
Posted April 11, 2024, 10:56 a.m.
Edited by Ostaszewianin April 11, 2024, 10:57 a.m.

In my opinion, the exchange of mooncoins for gold should be disabled. I know that this is very good earnings for the game producer, but a discussion should start on how it should be financed so that the game producer and players are satisfied.

For many years, the prices of things in the game were not increased - even during the inflation crisis. Maybe it's worth increasing in-game prices by at minimum 50%? Interested players will buy paid options in the game anyway - and then you can turn off the option of exchanging stones for gold. Then moonid's profits will balance out.

example: 30-day premium 500MC - this price remains unchanged
speed-up mission 10->20 MC
tavern package 500->750 MC
weapon sharpened 50->100, 150->300, 300->500MC

If you want to sharpen your weapon, pay more...
If you want to complete conveniently quick missions faster, pay more...
If you want more money from the tavern, pay more...

Premium weapons for 2H players should also be much more expensive. Someone who has a level 11 sword for 1K mooncoins will still win against a 1H player who spends 2K mooncoins on weapons.

The price of a weapon should depend on the damage it deals. It can't be that a 2H weapon with 16-21 damage costs 1000 MC and a 1H weapon with 9-11 damage also costs 1000 MC

gucchan
Posted April 12, 2024, 4:49 a.m.

It's a long game. You eventually will catch up the p2w players.

Page:  1
You need to login to add a post.

Connecting... Connecting